If you are a member of the public and think a South Australian public officer has broken the law or acted in a way that is seriously inappropriate, you can make a formal complaint.

If you are a public officer, you have an obligation to report certain conduct to the OPI.

What can I make a complaint about?

You can complain about the conduct of any state or local government agency or other government authority, or the people who work with them and for them.

You can make a complaint to OPI about:

These words have very clear definitions.

What if I'm not sure?

It's not important to know exactly which category conduct falls into - you just need to know the conduct is not right.

The OPI will assess what category the conduct falls into.

If you're not sure, contact the OPI.

Make a complaint about public administration

Phone the OPI - 1300 782 489

Email the OPI - admin@opi.sa.gov.au