Welcome to the Office for Public Integrity
Important changes to the Office for Public Integrity
The Office for Public Integrity became an independent stand-alone body on Thursday 7 October 2021. We appreciate your patience during this transition period, and will respond to any queries as soon as possible. More information will be added to this website shortly.
The Office for Public Integrity (OPI) plays an important role in keeping public institutions reliable, fair and trustworthy. We do this by:
- handling complaints about public administration from members of the public
- handling reports about corruption, misconduct and maladministration in public administration from public officers and authorities
- referring complaints and reports to inquiry agencies, public authorities or public officers for further investigation or action when needed, such as:
- Ombudsman SA
- the Independent Commission Against Corruption
- Judicial Conduct Commissioner
- overseeing the assessment and investigation of complaints and reports about the conduct of SA Police officers.